Privacy made simple – your rights when using Ping
As a privacy focused organization, you have certain rights in regards to the data we collect, store and use to market products and services to you or provide you with the ability to use our products or services.
- You have the right to access any information help about you.
- You have the right to have all data about you completely removed. Please note that some information is required to use our service, but if you stop using the service, we can remove anything you request.
- You have the right to have any personal data collected about you rectified or changed if inaccurate or incomplete.
- You have the right to not provide us with any personal data or stop using the service at any time to prevent further data (regarding device and service usage) from being collected.
- You have the right to retain a copy of your own data for personal use. If you want everything we have, please ask and we will provide it.
- You have the right to object to us using the data for certain activities, such as direct marketing, research or providing it to a third-party (which we don’t do without permission anyway).
- You have the right to be involved in any decision that could negatively impact you if done in an automated fashion.
What information does Ping collect?
Ping does not automatically collect personally identifiable information. Users of Ping’s products and services are required to submit personally identifiable information (i.e., information that could be used to identify you individually) in connection with their use of Ping’s products and services. Information submitted to Ping is securely stored in an offsite physical data-center. Our physical infrastructure is hosted and managed on a range of different datacenter’s (AWS, Azure, IBM Softlayer, GCE, Rackspace etc). We rely on their flexible and secure cloud infrastructure to store data logically across multiple cloud regions and (in AWS) availability zones. The data centers ensures the utmost in data security and protection. They all ensure that all data is stored in highly secure data centers. All data centers that run our solution are secured and monitored 24/7. Physical access to datacenter facilities is strictly limited to select cloud staff. They continually manage risk and undergo recurring assessments to ensure compliance with industry standards.
Ping does collect general information relating to the number of visitors that utilize the Site such as Google Analtics and Google Optimize.
Users of Ping’s products and services allow Ping to maintain and transmit data about the location of Ping’s products as part of the service provided to users. This data is transmitted using wireless technology including cellular, wi-fi, Bluetooth®, GPS, and other data transmission technologies. This information is stored indefinitely on our servers and is routinely backed up and securely stored offsite for restoration if needed.
What are cookies and how does Ping use them?
What information can visitors to the Site submit to Ping?
- The Personal Data may be freely provided by the User, or collected automatically when using this Application.
- Failure to provide certain Personal Data may make it impossible for this Application to provide its services.
- The User assumes responsibility for the Personal Data of third parties published or shared through this Application and declares to have the right to communicate or broadcast them, thus relieving the Data Controller of all responsibility.
Who receives the information submitted and what is done with this information?
How does Ping use information that you provide?
A word of caution about security
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be absolutely secure. As a result, while we attempt to protect your personal information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission, we use commercially reasonable efforts to ensure its security. However, Ping cannot guarantee that other parties will not gain access to your information.
What about children’s privacy?
The Site is not intended for children under the age of 13 and we do not intend to collect information from any person under 13 years of age on the Site. Parents should not allow children to provide any such information. If we determine that a child has provided information in violation of this policy, we will delete that information as soon as practicable. If any parent or guardian becomes aware that any child has provided information, please send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can delete that information.
International Privacy Laws
You can contact us at any time to:
- Request access to information that Ping has collected about you or your service usage
- Correct any information that Ping has about you
- Delete information that Ping has about you that is not required to use the service
To contact us or for additional questions, please contact us at
attn: Data Protection Officer
19825 North Cove Rd, Ste 173,
Cornelius, NC 28031 USA
or via email at email@example.com